Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A simple glimpse

Recently, my life went through a dramatic season of horrific events. Words could only barely put this into perspective for a reader. Hopefully there will be pictures, worth a thousand words or more, and hopefully there will be introspection, more into your own life than mine, as strange as it seems. Im writing this as if I were writing my own book. Im no english major so bear with me. However I do consider myself to be on the intelligent side, and have been able to hang with the best of them. About me, Im a musician of 30 plus years, several records produced, many songs written. A friend to many, a church goer, a believer. A talent that has always been welcomed wherever I am. In other words people love me, and I love people. I don't have this huge knowledge of music theory to challenge the masses, but have always had enough feeling in music that theory was never an issue, at least for me. I hold an associates degree from one of the top audio schools in the country, a course directors recipient, and a good colleague to my classmates. Some of whom I connect with to this day. Currently Im 40 years old at the time of this writing, at the tail end of a year that has shattered me, many around me, a place of brokenness of spiritual proportions. From nightmarish drug reactions, to misdiagnosis, to abandonment, and to what is left of a broken world that was my own. I sing a song of newness of life, a higher calling that I would not ever guess could happen. The clouds of pain have turned to anger against a system, that claims to help people, but in the end only keeps people sick, longer, and in torment. How long will we keep people sick, or say they are, before we come to the heart of the matter? What pain I have gone through to come to this place, a place of vision and direction. This is dedicated to my friend "Sandy" who was always there on any recording occasion, and times of just plain fun, I miss you dearly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment