Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Neighborhood Bully......

In my early years of growing up, they were anything but fun, mostly when it came to hangin out on the street. We have a few bullys in the neighborhood, that always made fun of my brother and I. I think my brother was more passive when it came to this, I don't ever recall him reacting, well at least to my knowledge. The would tease us, make fun of us on the bus and so on, you get the idea. After a while my mother I guess got kind of concerned, so what happens next? Enter the Dragon, you guessed it - karate school. So a couple times a week my brother and I went to karate classes, and I recall those times of karate being really fun as a kid. That school today still has a top notch kids program, and I still attend as an adult of course! As I got older I began to lets say, not take so much crap from these kids. So one day my aggression came out, he did nothing to provoke me except memories of what this one kid had done. It was winter, and I made a perfect hard snowball and threw it at him! Got him! square in the eye! I then ran back to my house and went inside. Eventually one of his buddy's came over and rang the bell. I answered, and the kid threw a snowball at my feet, he said "consider that a warning". Well that day came and went as it was. The next day, all was fine, I went school and took the bus home. Now the kids all knew our bus number, and that afternoon, they waited for me.
We got off the buss and started walking toward home. I remember seeing a kid run off behind a house, I thought that was odd. As soon as we got to a certain point a dozen or so of my favorite bully's friends came running out after me! My brother and I took off running toward home, they eventually caught up with us. They held my brother and I hostage, and my nemesis said to me "put down your bags and fight", I wanted nothing to do with this situation. Reminds me of a scene in the first karate kid movie! This confrontation didn't last long. Right then after a minute or 2 a car came up the street and they had to let us go, we only had one house to run past, and we got home safely. They never did get to kick the crap out of me, I guess they grew up a bit and decided to leave us alone, not sure. I remember a time being messed with on the bus, and some how my response was smashing this kids fingers. My brother still never retaliated. All honesty, I don't believe in fighting, but should I have to, I will defend myself with my empty hand.
We were made fun off a lot, and knowing that, I'm surprised we turned out as good as we did, but life isn't over yet, so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment